Here are 15 tips I found for building your financial confidence and control:
1. Take responsibility for your own financial security, whether you’re single or in a relationship.
2. Learn as much as you can about money, especially investing, as early as possible.
3. Track expenses and cash flow carefully, even when times are flush.
4. Practice financial self-control: don’t blur the line between needs and wants.
5. Have an “Oh Sh*t” fund for unanticipated expenses.
6. Start saving for retirement early and save more as you earn more.
7. Keep a lid on debt: pay off your credit card balance each month.
8. Use online bill pay services to reduce missed payments and eliminate late fees.
9. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate when it comes to salary and compensation.
10. Learn from your financial mistakes.
11. Diversify your investments.
12. Help the children in your life to develop healthy money habits.
13. Prepare for the unexpected: have a plan B (and C and D).
14. Work with a qualified financial professional to help put together and stick to your plan.
15. Don’t let being short on time overshadow your long-term financial readiness.
Contact me for more information, a free financial assessment, and/or a free needs analysis.
Tyler Brown – Financial Security Advisor
WP: (519) 648-9580
CP: (519) 212-9859
FX: (519) 489-2740
244 Woolwich St. South, Unit #1 ~ P.O. Box 261 Breslau, ON ~ N0B 1M0